Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Story of a champion...sorry I'm a Champion!

Ya Lost Won One!! Epiphany: An epiphany is the sudden realization or comprehension of the (larger) essence or meaning of something. ...and I must say that I had an "Epiphany" and realized that Chrisette Michelle will be a staple in my music collection.

I remember hearing her voice in Jay Z's song "Lost One" and was wondering to myself who is this girl who is d*mn sure holding her own next to one of musics best rapper!?! *Whispers* I didn't get her 1st album I Am but my mom did, that has to count for something. Either way I was still able to listen to it and found a new appreciation for her eclectic, soulful R&B sound mixed with Jazz, she was definitely giving me a modern NeoSoul vibe!

The title track "Epiphany (I'm Leaving)" sealed the deal for me and was the reason I copped her 2ND studio release. She stays true to form and delivers another solid CD! The duet with NeYo "What You Do" is a classic her ode to telling men I'm just not an arm piece "Porcelain Doll" is very nice and I hearts the message! And who doesn't adore a nice love song "Notebook" does that for me and makes me think of that someone special. As well as one of my faves "Blame It on Me" where she takes a stand against a man and tells him she's basically over it she's not going to cry N T more and you can say N T thing you want! Be sure to check out her official site where you can see clips of performance as well as get info to upcoming tour dates and appearances!

Your source D'Maine Truth and nothing but the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment