Saturday, May 2, 2009

Must Read:: The Interruption of Everything....

I'm so ashamed of myself right now. I had purchased "The Interruption of Everything" by Terry McMillan about 3 years ago (published in July 2005) and I just finally finished reading it over the last 3 days! **Bows head shamefully** In my defense, it just wasn't giving "IT" to me when I flipped through them first few pages and if a book doesn't grab me instantly on that 1st page or two,  I can't be bothered ya'll (Bigger Catfish to fry)!

From the inside cover: Marilyn Grimes, wife and mother of three, has made a career of deferring her dreams to build a suburban California home and lifestyle with her husband, Leon. She troubleshoots for her grown kids, cares for her live-in mother-in-law, Arthurine (and elderly poodle, Snuffy); keeps tabs on her girlfriends Paulette and Bunny and her own aging mother and foster sister-all the while holding down a part-time job. But at forty-four, Marilyn's got too much on her plate and nothing to feed her passion. She feels like she's about ready to jump. She's just not sure where.

But trust me when I say that wasn't half of it; it gets better and better each page. I found myself sneaking to read it at work! I've should have known that Mrs. "A Day Late and a Dollar Short" (my all time favorite book) could have produced another master piece for me. **Wondering** (If they're going to turn this novel into a movie as they did: "Waiting to Exhale" , "How Stella Got her Groove Back" , or "Disappearing Acts" ???) Even if they don't it's always best to read the book first N T wayz because movies tend to leave out some of the best parts and this book DOES NOT disappoint. Hope ya'll enjoy it! Hit me up with a comment and lemme know whatcha think or email us: Keyboard.Khronicles@gmail.com!!!

Your source D'Maine Truth and nothing but the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment