Thursday, June 4, 2009

Is it WORTH it, lemme WORK it...

   As I was watching the news this morning, I caught the end of a story involving two American journalists that were being detained by the North  Korean authorities for "illegally intruding" on the Communist's nation's soil around the China/North Korean border. 
   At first glance, I immediately thought of OPRAH! Ling was the name mentioned and I was like hell naw, KK, they got Oprah's girl! Now what in the hell is Oprah's @ss doing about this! This story really bothered me because I have always heard horror stories about how people are treated overseas when captured and I felt like that may be the end of Lisa Ling.
   After doing some research, I found out that the Ling I was worried about was not the notable Oprah show correspondent Lisa Ling but rather her sister, Laura Ling! Still important right?? Ok, I'll go on! Press officers for the U.S. State Department are supposedly working with Chinese officials to find out the whereabouts of the two American journalists and express concern. Now while I thought that this was a big deal and was all types of concerned, they interviewed Daddy Ling and his thoughts were a bit different from mine. "I worry quite a bit but I'm not losing any sleep over it," he told KCRA television in Sacramento. He says before his daughter left, he saw and spoke to her and she assured him that it was a very routine assignment to the North Korean-Chinese border to do a report on refugees. Ling says that he's become used to his daughters adventurous careers and is  "more or less used to it." We sent Lisa Ling a Blackberry Message (and she read it) but she never responded to us (slore) so we paid it! We will continue to keep Laura and Journalist #2 in our thoughts and prayers, but like Father Ling won't be losing ANY and SLEEP over it! Live from the News Desk (dramatic pause) KK REPORTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment